•  
Advertise here

Sunroof leakage

Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone here will be able to help me with this :)

small problem but it can turn into a significant one. My sunroof has started to leak ... for now its not a lot of leakage ... i noticed the inner side a little damp after a car wash .. i just want an idea on how to go about it ... should I get the seal changed or should i touch it at all .. or should i wait for it to actually start leaking for sure .. i am not all that worried because I know that it doesn't rain a lot here in the UAE but the rain season is just around the corner ... so you know ...

Don't want to be going to work with a wet suit and all!

• 2 weeks later...

You can surely get the whole beading changed of sunroof, but if you want some DIY stuff then ask someone to drive car at Hi-Speed and you can inspect the more buzzing area in your sunroof. Stop the car and stuff thin paper tissue in same spot and drive again at Hi-Speed and if no buzzing, that means you marked the right spot, if not do the above exercise again.

Then come back home and remove the tissue and apply GLASS SEALANT tube inside the beading and leave that area of sunroof open for 5-6 hrs to sealant to dry properly. You can get glass sealant from Ace or spare part shops for 10-20 dhs. I have done this in my very old range rover that use to hiss quiet a lot on highway, and this thing worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...