•  
Advertise here

Save the Fuel

Hey Man. I think its a very good point to discuss on. I know many friends who waste the fuel as if its free. But please guys, don't do that. The oil industry will soon go down if we waste the fuel. I think one should take care of the air and fuel filter. Make sure that the fuel filter in your car is always clean.

Very true. I am with you on this. Also, the auto experts have stated that the unnecessary weight in a car shaves off the fuel mileage. So remove any unnecessary baggage or cargo items from your car that will help in saving fuel.

Oh. I did not know that. Thanks for the information. I would also add up to install a GPS in your car or in your mobile phone, specially if you are new to Dubai. GPS will help reaching to exact location without wasting time and gas.

I know one time when my license was newly issued and I had no much idea about the Dubai roads. trust me, i wasted to much of fuel only in order to search a place. Then i installed GPS in my car, and it was lot easier and simple than before. So one can do that as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Service your car regularly, always use high quality oil, keep your air filter clean

Keep your tyres correctly inflated to the correct pressure

Use the correct type of tyres. Don't drive around on all terrain tyres if you never leave the tarmac

Think ahead. See whats happening in front of you on the road. Anticipate braking and acceleration so you can maintain a cruise

Turn your engine off if you're parked or going to be stuck in traffic for a long time

Drive a smaller car. You don't need a big V8 if you never go over 80 or leave the city

Close the windows and sunroof. Creates less drag, therefore uses less fuel

Plan your journey so that you aren't going to be stuck in a known traffic hotspot

There are entire forums dedicated to this one subject. If you google 'hypermiling' you'll find lots of information. Some people make it their entire lifes work to save 5 fils on every journey. 

• 3 weeks later...