•  
Advertise here

M37x Software/ Navigation Update

I just received my M37x car from Canada, I asked Infiniti dealers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to update the navigation map from North America to GCC, both confirmed that it is impossible due to difference in operating software between the US and the GCC specs. I have asked someone before I shipped the car and was told it can be done, anyone out there familiar with such case,? please PM any number or email I can contact to either update the navigation map, or the whole operating software?

Before you bought a car, you have been sold piece of bullshit advise. I personally know so many cases that different region software and OS wont work in other region for sure. Secondly dealers here treat US or any other spec car than GCC treat like a criminal activity. Everytime you will go for service from watchman to workshop manager will use US specs 100 times in one sentence to make you feel its a sin you have done. Only reason i found for this huge disparity is that they didnt made any money in sale of US spec car and hence want to discourage ppl shipping it here. They just service those cars as they are obliged and anything more you ask, they will say we dont have manual, we dont have wiring diagram, we dont have instruction for US spec. SIMPLE FO on your face answer you get :-(. I have gone thru this once and realized it. So im sharing my experience.

Easiset way to get opinion is to drive to naif market in deira where aftermarket GPS shops are there. They can advise you if its really possible (chances are slim) no harm in trying. If not they can also offer you in dash replacement nav that you can buy in quarter the price of buying from dealer.

Dealers main objective is to not update to GCC maps is to encourage you to buy in dash NAV system from GCC car for 10k bucks.......!

How dare you enjoy Infiniti M37x without paying 30% cut to dealers here......Now you getting my point.....!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not unless you know how to format the hard drive on your car, I wouldn't suggest you doing it. If you do now how to format it, you can easily format the hard drive and replace it with the OS' Abu Dhabi version.

I can format the HD but where to get the local software is the issue

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Before you bought a car, you have been sold piece of bullshit advise. I personally know so many cases that different region software and OS wont work in other region for sure. Secondly dealers here treat US or any other spec car than GCC treat like a criminal activity. Everytime you will go for service from watchman to workshop manager will use US specs 100 times in one sentence to make you feel its a sin you have done. Only reason i found for this huge disparity is that they didnt made any money in sale of US spec car and hence want to discourage ppl shipping it here. They just service those cars as they are obliged and anything more you ask, they will say we dont have manual, we dont have wiring diagram, we dont have instruction for US spec. SIMPLE FO on your face answer you get :-(. I have gone thru this once and realized it. So im sharing my experience.

Easiset way to get opinion is to drive to naif market in deira where aftermarket GPS shops are there. They can advise you if its really possible (chances are slim) no harm in trying. If not they can also offer you in dash replacement nav that you can buy in quarter the price of buying from dealer.

Dealers main objective is to not update to GCC maps is to encourage you to buy in dash NAV system from GCC car for 10k bucks.......!

How dare you enjoy Infiniti M37x without paying 30% cut to dealers here......Now you getting my point.....!

this is so so true i have faced this kind of treatment too.