•  
Advertise here

resetting the sunroof

samarj

Hiya

i am trying to reset the sunroof's operation since it will not open and close upon prompt or automatically. i need to know if there is a procedure which can help me reset the sunroof so that it goes back to it's initial setting. if I should not be playing around with my car then please tell so that i can take it in ... I assuming the process is fairly simple hence maybe I can save the trip.

thank you in advance

For the reset procedure you need to follow the steps mentioned below - take your time on it. This is a typical scenario where your sunroof does not open or close on its own and you need to reset it back to its normal operation:

- Make sure the sunroof is closed all the way

- If your sunroof is not closing then keep pressing the close button until the sunroof gets to its position (might be a jam or malfunction)

- Find the "tilt up" switch and ensure to keep pressing the button for at least 10 seconds, count if you have to, the sunroof will tilt up but it will eventually tilt down again.

- Release the button

- Press the button again for a long period of time until the sunroof opens, closes, tilt ups and tilts down.

- Release once its down again and stops

The sunroof is reset and back to its normal position.

Wow amit thanks for the detailed answer .. i tried it once but it didn't reset properly .. i am going to give it another shot tomorrow and see if i can get the sunroof to reset ... but much appreciative of your detailed response. i am really glad to be part of such a responsive forum!