•  
Advertise here

Changing hoses

samarj

Dear carnitiers, I am looking at changing the cooling system hoses on my Q45 ... they are knwn to be the Tshaped hoses located in the inner sides of the intake compartment. I felt they need to be replaced so is there any simple way to just take them out or unwind them? Ummm can I be causing damage to them if i try to pull on them?

Thankyous

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Samar, first tell that why you feel it need to be changed as there is any lower cooling? Smell? etc.

Pulling it out is never a way in hose fitment it always have a lock or clamp to protect from coming by itself when under pressure. So i strongly suggest to see the portion what's behind it and use some logic than just pulling it out.

If cooling is reduced then it could be the freon leakage and not this hose issue, my two cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Changing hose at regular schedule maintenance is very important than having them leaked, crack or even burst. Especially the engine cooling hose. Dont compromise on the least expensive items like hose, I have been bitten bad once due to previous owner defer maintenance and had terrible time in summer stranded on road side, waiting for recovery truck.