•  
Advertise here

Kia sportage 2012 fuel consumption

Hello, I have been checking various online forums about kia sportage 2012 fuel consumption and they all mentionned around 7.7 to 8.8 lt/100 km.

However, since I bought mine in Jan 2012, my fuel consumption has always been around 10 to 12 lt/100 km.

Can any other kia 2012 sportage owner share their fuel consumption as I would like to know the real value for driving in dubai.

I am quite concerned seeing the big difference claimed and mine. Am I the one driving wrongly ? Or it is the a/c or city driving ?

kia people are lying, this is your simple answer, i bought the cadenza 2012 and they claim it's 9.5 lt/100 km so this mean the car should do at least 650 km-700km per full tank , the car doing not more than 430 km per full tank , and it's still new yesterday only i took it to 10000 km service, i have friends as well have the optima and Hyundai elentra all same complain that high fuel consumption.

so as i mentioned this Korean ppl are lying...........

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think nothing is wrong with the car, in my experience fuel consumption is higher in Dubai due to the way we all drive our vehicles...

for eg.. majority of us never switch off our engines on red signals. 

sudden breaking and hard accelerating/always ON A/C. traffic jams slow movement of car all this factors play a major causes in car fuel consumption.