•  
Advertise here

Kia Cadenza doesn't start after Car wash

ibbu_20

I went for a full car wash and asked the guy to wash it only from the bottom. However, they also washed inside the Bonnet. When I came back to take the car the Engine malfunction light was glowing. The car started and the RPm wouldn't go over 3000 mark. I came to my home and left the car for drying thinking that the water will eventually dry up. Unfortunately when I started the car late in the evening it would'nt start and the warning light was still glowing. I called the guy from Kia who did a complete check and tried to blow the water from various locations, which didn't help. He evetually advised me to take the car to KIA workshop and get it checked on the computer. I had to take the car on the Vinch to only know that KIA wouldn't even check it for another 4 days. I left my car with them hoping that they will fix the issue.

I am suspecting that water has gone inside the ECU. Did anyone else had a similar experience?

I will keep you updated on the progress made by Kia..

In the end its a lesson learnt never let anyone wash your car inside the Bonnet. other wise it will trun out to be a very expensive car wash....

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for the ECU unit to arrive. Apparently it was not available in Dubai as well and they had to order it from Korea. Its been almost 20 days now. I hope they will receive the part this week.

No doubt, I am already paying a heavy price for the car wash. I hope all cadenza owners benefit from my experience and pay extra attention during car wash.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!! Just got my Cadenza back from the workshop almost after a month. God!! it feels so good to be back in it. I was renting Sunny and some times Accent all this while. So you can Imagine how I must be feeling... beleive me you only value your stuff when it is gone. I realised so many aspects of Cadenza in this last one month while driving these small ones.

It feels as if I am driving it for the first time again....the power, ride, the brakes and all the luxuries feels so good.

Thanks to Almighty!!

• 5 months later...