•  
Advertise here

Kia Cadenza 2012 - Pathetic.

I happy that your issue is resolved. I realize how annoying that can be, and when I knew the root cause I was thanking my lucky stars that it was not the suspension. I think we can get rid of the noise if we ask the guys to spray some WD40 when go for regular service.

As far as you brakes are concerned can you tell me which car you were driving prior to Cadenza? I am just wondering if you are used to ABS with EBD because it makes the braking experience quite different. I have often heard guys complaining of brakes when they shifted from conventional brakes to ABS and EBD. I am sure you are aware, but there are some simple guidelines on using ABS.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/tp-tp13082-abs2_e-215.htm

After reading this try to test your brakes accordingly, but do not test at high speeds as it might wear off your tires and you may have to change them.

Let me know your feedback....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just given my car in for service today, hoping the issue is resolved once and for all.

I was informed that Cadenza and Sorento both have a problem with this noise from the handbrake spring.

The engineer did tell me they can lubricate it and the noise will stop but it would also mean when the car is washed, the lubrication will be gone. which means I will have to visit them again and again. That's why I want them to fix it properly and not only spray WD-40 on it.

Prior to my Cadenza, I was driving a 2001 Lancer which did come with ABS but no EBD.

I am aware of not pumping the brake pedal in a car that is equipped with ABS.

Since the Cadenza is in service, I am driving a rented Optima for now and the braking feels stronger than it does in the Cadenza. I mean you can lightly press the Optima brakes and feel the car slowing down. Whereas in the Cadenza, you have to press properly before the car starts slowing down.

Thanks once again for your help, I was so happy to know what the issue really was.

Hi,

Just got my Cadenza back from the workshop almost after a month. God it feels so good to be back in it. I was renting Nissan Sunny and Hyundai Accent all this while. So you can Imagine how I must be feeling... beleive me you only value your stuff when it is gone. I realised so many aspects of Cadenza in this last one month.

I asked the guys to change the brakes, but this was after 35k, and now the brakes feel very strong just as you described your feeling for Optima. I think the factory fitted pads had some issue, because I didn't get this same feeling when I drove it for the first time. The Brakes have improved significantly. I am no driving more confidently and also pushing it hard on the corners yet able to stop quite well without ABS intervention.

Prior to changing the brake pads ABS would intervene sooner than required, this was little annoying.

I suggest you ask guys to change your brake pads (front only) and I am sure you should feel some difference.

All the best..

Hi,

They kept your car for a MONTH?!

What exactly was the issue with your car that they kept it for that long?

They have tightened my brakes as well since I gave it for a 40,000KMS service.

Glad you are enjoying being back into your Cadenza. Consider it a National Day gift from Kia haha.

I still hear the sound from my handbrake spring, so I have decided to stop using the handbrake since this way there is no noise at all and I feel happy not hearing the noise anymore.

Not using the Handbrake will put load on your gearbox, especially when parked on the inclined or declined surface. Always apply your handbrake first and then engage in to parking mode. This way you will keep your gearbox healthy. Ignore the noise for a while.

Notice that if you don't do the above and when you engage in Reverse gear it engages with some stifness and jerk.

try doing the above and see how smoothly you can engage the reverse gear when you have applied the handbrake prior to Parking gear.

• 1 month later...

Hey EAM

As mentioned earlier it is not the suspension but instead the handbrake that causes the sound. If you apply the handbrake and push the boot you will hear the sound. I honestly got sick of taking the car to the service centre since they cant fix it so now I only use the handbrake if parked on a slope or something. All other times I don't use handbrake so there is no noise and I am happy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...