•  
Advertise here

Noise confusion

hey folks! i have a 2010 Sorento with around 35000 miles on it. there is a grinding noise when i brake at lower speeds but there is also another problem. towards the end of my 25 minute drive to work there is a clicking noise and if i continue to drive it gets worse. initially i was told it was the rotors so it went in for that and they put in new brake pads too. the noise went away for like a week but now its back again and i am being told that it is the rotors again!!!! i am not at all an aggressive driver and mostly have my children with me as well so i really do not know what is going on. the noise starts after i have braked a couple of times and then accelerate again. please help!

My dad had that happen last year to his 2008 kia sorento .. clicking chain like noise when turning to one side. They couldnt figure out what was wrong until a couple months went by and the wheel almost fell off while he was driving. In the end it was the hub that needed replacing. Surprise!

• 1 month later...

For all of you who do not already know, Kia has announced to recall more than a hundred thousand vehicles. A large number of their models is affected and Kia will further contact anyone with a Carens, Sedona, Sorento, Sportage or Optima manufactured between 2006 and 2011 that it feels may be affected by any of the identified issues. They say the problem is caused by carbonisation, amongst other factors. It is worth mentioning that Kia recalled over a million vehicles in the states alone earlier this year as well... our cars are no different.