•  
Advertise here

kia sorento Is Possible to upgrade engine from 2.4 to 3.5?

pkumar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pkumar, from my experience of playing with so many car models and engines in my life. Switching or upgrade to engine is always possible. Though this is quite new car 2010 model i personally wouldn't advise as it will cost good arm and leg to flip engine.

Secondly for changing engines you always look into similar engine motor like in terms of mount, firewall opening, brackets and mounts, cooling line and radiator side etc. Its a very big project and not and easy one. For changing same liter size engine to another brand also all these research comes in play. Whereas for flipping and such a big upgrade you will definitely need to do more research to see the compatibility of all above parts i mention and also for Gearbox, brake line, fuel line can accept and support extra power or not. Car manufacturer factor the engine and its power first and then draft rest of the component complimenting the required material.

Third for any engine upgrade or swap you need police approval and take the receipt of new engine and get new engine number updated on your registration card while doing renewal.

Put together all above points, hassle, uncertainty, money spent is not worth at all. Rather sell this car and buy some other car that can make you happy in terms of speed and quick acceleration you want. I am being very practical and not trying to burst your bubble, as i am speaking of flipping two engines in my brother car and seeing him stressed, lost and confused was not a good feeling.

Hi sachin,gud morning

Now I understand exactly from your statement..and you are absolutly right.

practically as you said its very hard that each and every component to be match with new machine..ya ..so I will quite the decision..as you said better sale my car and go for another is the best and tension free deal.

All happen sometimes this car make me crazy,only loud noise will come when I apply accelerator but nothing happen in its speed. This force me to think some alternative solution.

anyway thankslot for your suggestion.. :)