•  
Advertise here

Service/Maintenance schedules/intervals

paulnat1

what's up, guys?

my car is due for its 15000km service/maintenance this coming October 27.

currently the car has gone around 200km past 15000km on the odometer.

i just would like to know how many more kms the car will endure before breaking down before its service/maintenance schedule. :(

Hi Paul, I don't think you need to push your car beyond the said km interval for oil service. Better get the oil change done and rest visual and other inspecting item can wait for couple of days (no problem). I rather get my car oil change service done prior to few 100 kms than delaying it. However, every car manufacturer keep couple of 100 lets 500-600 kms threshold before car scream and damage can happen (if that answer your question).

Changing oil at regular interval is required to keep your car engine running at healthy stage of life. The engine oil job is to lubricate all moving parts inside the engine and also provide the cooling from heavy friction inside the (non-combustion) chamber. The typical margin between moving engine part internally is few mm and this where the oil keeps rotating and filling the layer of oil between those fine mm gaps. Engine oil also has several key additives such as detergent that cleans the engine dust and pass it on the oil filter and oil filter locks down that dust (fine metal wearing). Failing to change engine oil or oil filter in time as per owners manual will soon result in plenty of sludge inside your car engine, that will make engine knocking noise in beginning, then clanking and then heavy thud then more thicker sludge will form. And finally it will break down the engine operation and car wont crank and start like before.

My mechanic has actually witnessed a guy driving to him in brand new corolla not starting as owner put 18,000 km without any oil change out of ignorance, and wondering why brand new car is not starting. Up to 5%-10% threshold of delay in oil change is acceptable as per owners manual recommended oil change interval but not more.

Thanks paulnat great info once i push my car to 1000 kilometers extra i bw careful in future

Would you guys be interested in a drive of KIA if yes visit the fun drive 2 forum and select your location as the drive has already been sheduled we just need more participants