•  
Advertise here

Introduce yourself

LandroverDubai

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

Dude of the desert with you. Been a landrover nut ever since I bought one not so long ago, somewhere in 2005. Have had five land rovers since then.

First one was a Disco 96 FXI. OME lift, custom fabbed front bumper, Shaheen sand service tyres

IMAGE_00122.jpg

Second one was another 96 Autobiography loaded to the teeth, factory fitted screens in the head rest, a TV tuner and a VHS player ! Yes folks DVD's wern't around then back then and VHS was the bomb, and with enough wood inside to put a Amazonian forest to shame.

Sadly on a few pics remain and this is the only one I can find now

23102008055.jpg

Then next came an Epson Green 1998, which was alright but really didn't like it that much because of the exterior and interior colour ( gray ! A range only looks good in light beige on the inside IMO )

200805291327_012.jpg

Then I got hold of an absolute beauty. A 1999 ( but still a gems motors ) 50th anniversy edition with only original 45k on the odo. The car was bought here and then taken over to the UK as the person who bought it moved there and took the car with him. It stayed there till 2007 or something and then he came back here and brought it back here ( car had full service history from the dealers in London, driven less than a 5000 kms per year ! ). Then he retired and left so basically got rid of it and I bought it for a song !

The best P38A I've ever driven ! This was the car I wanted to be buried in !!! But unfortunately the credit crunch, crunched a little hard on me and I was absolutely left with no choice then to sell it. My heart still aches to this day when I think about it :(

Unfortunately just a few pics remain, this was on the day I got it. Obvious to say I got rid of the nasty 16" alloys instantly and replaced them with 2008 RRS alloys

200810301755_168.jpg

Currently my only car at the moment Big Red a 1998 Discovery. My true companion through thick and thin. Its got over 300,000kms on the clock and most of them I've put on it and it still purrs like a baby 8-)

Been all over the country with this on and offroad. Love the thing to bits. Its got a 2 inch lift with britpart coils ( have lasted and performed much better than old mans to my surprise ) Stock shocks. Trimmed front bumper. Camel cut to the rear wheel wells to fit the 275/70 R16 Michelin LTX's

Poser pic

IMAGE_020.jpg

Some action shots :D

Al Wagan

resize5.jpg

Landie leading a group of lost sheep ( Jeeps ) In Al Faqa

DSCF0261.jpg

Chilling on top of a ridge in Sweihan

DSCF0325.jpg

The calm before the storm

GEDC0765.jpg

Some sideways action

GEDC0787.jpg

Relaxing after a good day of wheelin'

GEDC0801.jpg

More relaxation in Liwa

GEDC0031.jpg

The day I got big red, bog standard with tricycle traning wheels on it and sitting lower than a Ferrari

reddisco2.jpg

So here is my story. Whats yours ?

• Like (+1) 2

Can't match that score, 5 landys! But I do have two; a Freelander back in the UK and just purchased an LR3 here.

Out to get some experience of taking it off road out here so if anyones got a trip planned I wouldn't mide tagging along, till I feel more comfortable at doing it on my own!!

Looking forward to all your replies ;-)

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Richard AKA Doc, i currently have a Disco 2 for my camping, touring and off roading, i'm sure some of you will see it or have seen it driving around the country, i also have an LR3 for the wifes car for the demanding school run. in the past i have owned many LR but still yet to own a Defender which will have to come one day.

Also own 1998 Disco 1 monster, ARB front and rear lockers, reinforced axles, custom made axle shafts from UK, 6 shocks, 2" lift, 4.10 gearing, Warn winch and insane driver :-) oh and a 4.6lt Rangerover engine in it :-)

out in the desert most weekend or in Oman in the mountains.

Hi Doc, welcome to Landy Dubai. Nice to hear about your Land Rover collection and plan.

Why not choose defender for rally. Or you planning engine swap in that Disco 1. Still manual gear will be tough nut to crack here in Dubai. Anyways Good luck for rally, post some pics of prep and rally here. Im excited.

• 3 months later...

Hi all Big G here, been into The Green Oval for years, think i am up to number nine now, in the past I have owned three Freelanders, one of such was the most modified in the UK at the time, look up Xtremelander on you tide, a P38A Rangy and five Discovery's ranging form a 91 three door to my present one an MY04 Disco. In the process of modifying the latest one and hand carried the light bar back from the UK, airport staff thought i was nuts!

Big G

Tarmac is an optional extra, I forgot to add it!

2004 Discovery 'The Celtic Shamal'