•  
Advertise here

Introduce yourself

LandroverDubai

Hi all

My name is Volkan. I have bought my first Discovery just a month ago.

In fact I was looking for civics/corollas for as second car then after my first offroad event with my friends I found myself looking for Discovery.

I've seen one drove it, liked it and bought ( this was my fastest buying adventure :mrgreen: )

I have never thought of buying a Land Rover or even a SUV , I think it was one of these strange moments.

So I'm enjoying every minute of it , taking my kid to school , taking shotcuts on back roads, getting into the sand whenever I have a chance

During one of this little adventures I managed to get stuck and spend almost 1 hour trying to get out of sand around Dubai Outsource zone :mrgreen:

Even my son( who feels bad even after slightest bumping action) likes our backroad shotcut adventures. He says "Dady, why dont you go over the sand its shorter and more fun "

6113153616_8af1f5af1a.jpg

All I need now is to get this ugly boy into some real desert action

Thats a nice ride, I see it already has a lift on it. Anyways look around online there are various groups of people here who go on drives to the desert regularly.

thanks , yes it's lifted. My only concern are the tires. It has hankook dynapro 245/70 R16 . They are in quite good condition I think less than <10k

but I do not know if these are any good on sand , couldn't find any review or comment about sand performance.

For the desert trip I've a crazy friend, bugging me to go desert almost everyday since I bought my Discovery. I just serviced it's almost time for action

first I have to learn how to handle it tought :D

• 1 month later...

Jambo all,

My name is Amar and I've been in Dubai (and Landy-less) for just over a year now. I'm from Kenya and my first ever car was a Defender 110 which was replaced by another Defender 110 (fully-specced for safari) that I had to sell before moving here; I also have a part-stake with some friends in a 1972 Rangie that we modified with Mercedes Unimog axles for the legendary Kenyan annual off-road event, the Rhino Charge.

Working very long hours here so have not have not yet had a chance to get out in the desert but I am hoping to get out on the dunes soon and have my eyes open for my first UAE Landy, preferably a Defender 90 or a Discovery Series II - so if you have one of these up for sale please drop me a line.

A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All Landy Lovers,

My name is Ghassan and owner of my first desert toy late this June. My Goldy is a 1999 Discovery 1, V8 mounted on Michelin LTX 265/70/16 tiers, with rear fender camel cut. It was due to Desert Dude and other online friends that made me convinced and fall in love with such car :) and I do love it the way it is. Yet thinking of a lift and to have a Steering Gard Plate with proper recovery points and lifting points.

Actively involved with Desert Off-roading and trips and looking for more Landies to be on board of trips.

Ghassan

post-231-140418792252_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, here is one more newbie for this platform. For me this forum sounds really interesting as have seen some really informative threads, which were worth reading. Think you guys are just amazing with the facts and the experience you share here…hope will have a good time here.

• 3 weeks later...