•  
Advertise here

Introduce yourself

LandroverDubai

Hello all Land Rover enthusiasts!

I am coming out to work in Abu Dhabi and am a very keen Land Rover owner; I have owned just about every type at some stage. Currently have an expedition equipped Defender 110 300Tdi, a Discovery 3 (LR3) and my wife's Freelander 1. I am an overland travel enthusiast, with many trips in southern Africa and Morocco. Looking forward to getting out into the desert, exploring and camping. Any advice welcome on clubs, routes, places...

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris here or Dibble,

I've been around land rovers for a while and fabricated some nice winch mounts for a couple of friends for 90 Defenders which sat the winch just out of the front grille (instead of the huuuuge bumper mod)

I Had a classic in the UK which i stripped and was rebuilding before my daughter arrived and never got round to putting it back together, I got as far as replacing rear arches and body cross member plus inner wings and patching up footwells etc!!

Just bought a 2002 P38 for 14k which appears to be incontinent amongst other things. I probably should have guessed from the price but it looked so pretty and the V8 sounded lovely.

Am currently wondering whether to spend the money and sort it out or cut bait and run!

UPDATE! I just went to Sharjah at the weekend and am now feeling much more positive about owning a RR P38.

No matter what the condition I'm pretty sure that I can get whatever I need with 2k of the Sahara Centre. If anyone is going over there this week to a scrap yard can they pick me up a seat belt catch for the front passenger side?