•  
Advertise here

Change Defender Engine

dear all

I'm planning to buy land rover defender manual gear and what i'm thinking is to change the engine and use rangrover engine which is same X5 (2005 model)

so it will be with new engine and automatich gear

do you think it is possible?

please call on 055-1127070

Mohammed :?:

What is your budget? As doc said, it's all possible when throwing money on it. There are conversion kits around, I think it's ashcroft. The price in the UK is about 4k GBP plus fitting. The other option would be indeed to fit in a petrol engine, but you still need the Defender specific parts for the automatic lever, pedals etc. Not sure if that wouldn't be more expensive. Or you find one somewhere in Sharjah and fit it into your Defender. I would be careful with the Japan imports, they are know for a rather poor reliability.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5

Salam butalal

The conversion is widely done in UAE. You have Al Baya'a Workshop in Sharjah and Al Shabah Workshop in Ajman. Both are working on such conversions. But again, as Doc said, you should have a deep pocket to do such a conversion in UAE. I read in some threads that it's much cheaper in KSA.

• 6 months later...

BTW i have a defender, and i'm looking to do the same, to have the best clasic shape with good power, i'm also looking to do that as well but looking for the right garage, Al Baia'a in sharjah told me its imposible, maybe they are not interested to waste their time because it take so much time and too much effort, anyway bu talal give me a call and lets find togeather 050-4983333

regards

Abdul rahman

• 4 weeks later...