•  
Advertise here

How expensive is to maintain 2004 Defender

Running cost depends on your view? All Defender owners needs to be ready to spend if you want to enjoy the pleasure of driving a piece of history ! Oh make sure it has a full service history !! And it helps to have a mechanic as a good friend :-)

if its a 110, then very very expensive so if good condition and cheap you should get your friend to sell it to me, if its the 90 then too small for me so cheap to run ;-) all cars require money to be spent, the more you use it the more it will cost, but what a great car to own

• 3 months later...

My 2005 110 is not really expensive to maintain. I just took it to 80,000 Km service. That was expensive because I took it to Premier motors which is a dealer. Diesel cost is the kicker, especially when I go to Dubai. I used 100 AED per week. Oil and the rest are cheap. If you have a major failure then only because there are few places to maintain it properly yuou might pay a bit. My cheep 2003 Peugeot 307 was ALWAYS broken and cost us HEAPS of money! The Den-Den just goes and goes.

"Simba"-1988 Defender 110 HT-Global Expedition build Hardtop

"Kimba"-1986 Defender 110 CSW-All White Alpine Expedition build For the Wife & Dogs

"Minerva"-2005 Defender 110 TD5 CSW-Sold & enroute Phillipines