•  
Advertise here

Range Rover Vs Discovery

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I used Discover series 2 and now use a 2002 Range rover. I vouch Range rover is superior in every aspect. Even in the Desert Range rover is brisk. I got fed up with Discovery's NOISE and exterior plastics getting detaching all the time so i sold my Disco. Range Rover is solidly built and no such problems. Only drawback is does not have 7 seats but interior comfort Range Rover cannot beat Discovery crammed up seats. My next vehicle would be also Range Rover in Shaa Allah. I have done 174 K but would like to continue more. It does 650 Plus on highways and within Dubai city it does 450-500 for Dhs. 150 full tank petrol. Cannnot ask any more.

Shabir Zainudeen

Hi Shabir, I had same Range Rover for 2 years and even been to Salalah but never got 500 or 550 with full tank. Mine was 4.6, which one is yours? Second i agree with Range is better than Discovery in comfort as i also upgraded from Disco Series II, i think it was 01-02 model. However i was more comfortable with disco in offroad than Range, as i used to baby my Range quite a lot due to never ending electric woes. Disco was less capable (I agree) but solid built for offroad use and punishment IMHO.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi Gaurav,

I was surprised even my Discod did well on Fuel when I had it. Loads of people discouraged me when I bought the Disco saying it will drink pertol. However, I went for it being 8 cylinder it did close to 500 for 145 Dhs. pertrol. My Rangie still does 500 in the city and long distance to Liwa etc from Dubai it goes over 650 this i have tested couple of times during my last 2.5 years with Range rover.

However, as they say... To get a good used car and a good wife you still need to be very lucky.

Shabir.

P.S. I have heard of Non-Electric problems in Range Rovers and i do not when it will come but so far Alhamdulillah, nothing as such.