•  
Advertise here

do we get special coolant in middle east compaired ?

As per my understandings the coolant in the engine is used to keep the car engine cool yes? after the combustion the car is cooled the engine oil is cooled and so on and so forth but my curiosity is that do the people in the middle east you some additional chemical for the coolant used here for better cooling as its hotter then the other parts of the country and its 10 months a year so i would want to know if someone has this knowledge please.

Hi there,

The coolant used for engines is ussualy a mix of water and glycol among other chemicals. The main reason for the chemicals is to increase the boiling point of the water and to reduce the freezing point of the water.

For what I know there are many different mixtures that can lower or raise the above points. For the ME, I believe we use something that more to raise the boiling point than to lower the freezing point. Also, the radiator/expansion tank cap valve has a very important task once it allows for pressure to be relieved at a certain point.

Ideally, one should stick to the manufacturer recommendations unless the engine is tired and the cooling system not working properly...

Hope to have helped.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...