•  
Advertise here

For anyone thinking of taking their vehicle to Paul at a2b garage for any type of work should think twice.

Took our vehicle there and without getting in to too much detail, after they charged me more than 7000dhs for work on our vehicle, the vehicle broke down and because of the shoddy work a2b had done to my vehicle the first time I decided to not take it back to a2b and instead took it to AAA garage in Dubai. Bill from AAA? 9,000dhs but at least AAA got the vehicle working to what a2b should have done.

Shame on me? Absolutely. But be warned. My loss should be your gain.

Now I have to go through the courts to get my money back from a2b.

1985 Defender crewcab

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Have to agree. Took my Disco there albeit late last year. They told me they had found the issue and it would cost 6,000 AED. I took them at their word and went to collect the vehicle, took it for a test drive and the same original issue was still there. In other words they undertook work that wasn't necessary and still didn't fix the original issue. I was not happy and refused to go back there as I felt like I was ripped off. Unfortunate as I came there because i thought being Brits I would get some decent service.

I now take my vehicles to another garage where I can say i get reliable, honest service and dont feel im being ripped off.

joe wrote:

> somehow just for some uneducated mechanic i dont think we should keep blaming the

> garage.

If that uneducated mechanic would cost me 7000dhs!!! ... i am sure the garage is to be blamed for hiring that mechanic in the first place.. 8-)

Thanks @RoverOver for the info! :idea:

A2B operate as scam masters. Before I bought an LR3 earlier this year I took it there for the trillion point test they apparently do.

Surprisingly it was over in ten minutes and they said the car was totally fine apart from the front left bushes, I asked how much and they explained it would be no more than 1,000 parts and labour. So on this I bought the car from the previous owner and booked mine in to get both bushes done at the front instead of one.

It took nearly 8 days, for some reason the parts they said they had they did not - I though nothing of it, then I went to collect my car, attached was a 4k bill. I said this made no sense as when I asked they said it would be o more than 1k per side, I opted for both and so 2k is all I will pay, they said they had to pay for alignment etc... Grudgingly I paid up and left. On the way home I noticed the car veered of to the left very badly, and juddered like crazy at 80kms per hr, so I called them and explained what was happening, they said that this is not their thing and I need to take the car for decent laser alignment, tracking and balancing. I told them I had just picked the car up, that they did work on the front arms and that they also charged me 2k more than agreed just for tracking and holding the vehicle due to their lak of k owldge of what they had in stock - basically the lying little twat on the phone said not their issue and that was that.

I will never use them again and discourage anyone else to do so, it was one lie after another then followed by an inflated bill and a car that no longer drives straight.

• 5 months later...

For all those who sent PM requesting my status re a2b motors, I took them to court and the arbitrator found that a2b were liable for damages and I got all the money back which I paid them to do the work.

Very worth the time it took to sue them.

Thanks for the emails of support.

• Like (+1) 1

1985 Defender crewcab

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have to agree. brought my LR2 recently there twice and had to face the same problem twice as well and it cost me DHs 7000.

My advice..don't even bother even when they tell you they will fix it for free. it will just ruin your car. mostly because they did not installed back properly the parts. no surprise with the condition of working there for their mechanics.

@Cheffy Working conditions are terrible for a lot of mechanics here. Sleeping in makeshift accommodation, no kitchen, no proper washrooms, working in a boiling hot garage with no AC, working 12 hours a day. The poor guys are just constantly tired and are in no condition to think straight when it comes to fixing anything. Then the fact a lot of them are only getting paid 2,000 or less, why would they care about the job they're doing. I went to a lot of interviews in garages here and turned down a lot of job offers before I finally found a place that was good to work.

• Like (+1) 1