•  
Advertise here

CD player complications

Salaam,

The CD player on my LR FL2 2011 has conked out. Tried multiple CDs since initially i thought my CD were getting old. Then I thought it was the lens in the CD player so got a lens cleaner and tried cleaning it up as well. I am due to take it Al Tayer in a couple of weeks but really want to get down to this problem since the music keeps my eyes open in the mornings when i am going to work! A lot of other working class people would agree with me. Hate listening to the radio so i really want my CD player fixed! Looking forward to some helpful tips on fixing it.

You might have a loose cable connection behind your CD player. What you can do is to remove the nuts and bolts on the trim panel which incorporates the CD player and take the panel off. once its off you can pull out the CD player and check for damaged wires or loose connections.

Have the insides of your CD unit cleaned, you can do it by yourself by removing the player from the panel and then unscrewing the CD unit out of the unit. This will give you access to the inside compartment where the CD player plays. Clean it with a CD lens cleaner or any such fluid you may find. I use a contact cleaner. Make sure no dirt remains. Don't forget to remove any unwanted particles you find on the CD tray.