•  
Advertise here

how to start with dead battery

you can do with jumper cables

how to do that:

1. Another car

2. Jumper cables

3. brush for cleaning connections (optional)

4. Safety glasses

Park the other car next to the car tht has the dead battery in a way that the cables (jumper) can reach both batteries. The batteries are under the hood mostly on the right side on most cars. Connect the wire from one car to the other now start the running car and charge the dead battery. Remember not to touch the car while doing this, your body should not come in contact with the car. Read the instruction manual before you start doing this or call the expert to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Just like to add, if car is manual gear you can start car by pushing and then engaging in 1st gear and car will start. Like shown in many old movies. Newer car came with Auto transmission stick that is not going to get started by pushing in case of battery failure. Only alternate way is to change the battery or find another car and jump start as harry mentioned above.

I always wonder that no car manufacturer ever thought to have a backup battery fitted in the engine hood that cost less than 500 dhs in a 100-200k worth car, and signal the driver every day to replace the dead battery.....

May be Lexus should read this and get inspired from my idea, and send me one free Lexus ;-) or even i am happy with free battery. lol.

• 1 year later...

you can do with jumper cables

how to do that:

1. Another car

2. Jumper cables

3. brush for cleaning connections (optional)

4. Safety glasses

Park the other car next to the car tht has the dead battery in a way that the cables (jumper) can reach both batteries. The batteries are under the hood mostly on the right side on most cars. Connect the wire from one car to the other now start the running car and charge the dead battery. Remember not to touch the car while doing this, your body should not come in contact with the car. Read the instruction manual before you start doing this or call the expert to do it.

This is the best advice you can get. Of course, you can try to use a cable to connect the vehicles and tow the one with the dead battery until it reaches certain speed and then try to ignite. Your battery should not be completely "dead".