•  
Advertise here

2003, GS430 completely dead

lee1

Hi guys, last night when i was driving on highway all of sudden full power loss and car shut down completely without any warning or indication. Had to quickly move to side and tried restarting so many times without any luck, tried even jump starting the car but did't work. When i turn the key on or off there is no difference at all, no interior lights, no dashboard light are appearing as if its completely dead piece of metal. I have sent the car to known workshop today and they also can't figure out any issues yet. They checked the battery, alternator, fuel pump, spark plugs, coils, starter motor and everything seems good to these guys.

Appreciate any help and quick advise on what could be wrong with this Lexus. Thanks all for reading.

From your explanation, it really looks like something wrong with some electronics in the car engine management system. If any problem with one component happen like with engine, fuel or other, then other still works like lights, radio etc.

This situation seems like typical stolen car scenario when car completely shuts off everything down when it think that car has been stolen. You can unplug your battery terminal for 30 minutes and restart car with original key. If it still fails, ask your mechanic to find out the wiring of Immobilizer and diagnose them with proper chart or diagram from Lexus service manual (available online for couple of dollars) if any wiring has been short circuit? If for test they can bypass and disable the immobilizer and start the car you can zero down the root. Hope it helps.

• 1 year later...

I had similar experience with another car brand. I had to tow my car to my service and it turned out that there is a problem with the electronics. They've changed few electronic circuits and everything was fine.