•  
Advertise here

GS300 sensors

erics

Hello everyone, my vehicle GS300 2010 has been the target of loss of power and low on efficiency. it will drive around but its become poor in every aspect. To add to my worries i look it to the dealership last week and they could not find a single problem with the battery, engine, alternator/starter, sparks, wires, etc. I tried googling the problem since i am afraid its going to shut down completely soon and i cant afford that. Found a couple of problems related to "loss of power" and they mentioned something along the lines of a sensor that might have stopped working which is why the car might be performing so poorly. Can someone tell me in layman's terms which sensors we are talking about? Thanks

I forgot to mention one more thing, the check engine light had come up when i took it to the dealership, with a couple of fixtures they were able to turn the signal off but since the time i have brought it home, the light comes up regularly, only when i am 5-10 mints into my driving. When I park my car and turn it off and turn it on again, it does not come up until i drive again for 5-10 mints.

Thanks

At first after reading your problems i thought the issue had something to do with the battery or alternator. But now that you have mentioned sensors, there is one possibility, loss of power and poor performance usually occurs when the O2 sensor had failed. Dont know much about it but i had it fixed once. It also had something to do with fuel usage as well. Is ur car taking up too much fuel too?

O2 sensors have been installed in cars since 1981. this sensor is part of the emissions system and sends info to the engine management computer of your car. It helps in the following aspects:

- Efficient running of the engine

- Operates the perfect ratio of air and gasoline into the engine

- Detect lean and rich mixtures of air and gasoline to adjust the fuel entering the engine

- generates voltage to direct the computer for the perfect ratio of air and gasoline

Thanks for the useful info master ... the problems connected to the failure of the O2 sensor are too broad to think that this is my only problem. Can be a battery issue too right. i need to know if something specific happens to notice that the o2 sensor is out. Thanks again.

Erick I was in such a similar situation like urs. I did not know about the O2 sensors, i thought my battery was blown out and spent a lot of time and money back and forth from the dealership. What frustrated me the most is that even the professionals could not get a hold of the problem first and no error codes indicated as such. Take my word, if u cant figure out the problem, then look at the sensors.