•  
Advertise here

HOW TO FIX P0420-MAZDA 6-2005-ABUDHABI

P0420 is actually a catalyst system fault, usually more prone to throw such fault code on longer drive when system can actually feel some malfunction. If it appeared in city driving all you just need some cleaning.

You actually clean the catalytic oxygen sensor and see if this fault code appear again.

You can drive to musafah in abu dhabi and there you can find many good workshop who can do this job or do a thorough check for proper computer diagnose.

thanks kazi !

i went to mussafah this morning ! visited so many shops !!

done the computer scan check,they told me the same its P0420 only.

But all those workshop guys advising me not to worry about this problem.

and told me that no problem in continue driving with Check Engine Light On for this problem.

They also told that way to resolve this problem is to change the catalyst and sensor which cost around 2500 AED :-(

I have asked them for cleaning the Oxygen sensor and catalyst,they are not ready to do this.

If you kindly let me know the shop who can do this cleaning,I would be so happy to take my car there for a try.

thanks,

Friends,

I have just cleaned the sensor electrical connector area with CRC contact cleaner.

and i found check engine light gone when i switched on the car again !!!!

all it took was 20 AED instead of 5000 AED.

so thumb rule is

clean your sensor contact area,if that dont work means clean your catalyst converter ,If that too not worked means

you may need to change the sensor finally.....

hope its useful for you all !!!!

enjoy ! have a safe drive

I have cleaned the Oxygen Sensor Electrical connection side with CRC-contact cleaner ! but its not the end :-( again yesterday morning i found Check Engine Light ON ! When i checked for any leak in the Exhaust ,there was leak & welded & fixed it.

when i restarted it,warning still present! then switched off the engine ,removed the battery main terminal,again connected after 20 secs,then started the engine,Check Engine Light is Off now !!! I dont know when it will come again !!! If its happen again ,next time i will not hesitate to remove & replace the catalytic converter cost 200 dhs !!!! if that doesnt work ,finally i will have to change the oxygen sensor,that will be the culprit ! Also i am hearing that Check Engine Light On may be on because of Engine Electrical System too. But the code which i received is P0420-catalyst emission below threshold !!! i will keep you all updated if i can able to fix this problem once for all...cheers :-) have a safe drive

Gents Check Engine Light Again came on !!!! same code P0420.......Really it was bad catalytic converter !!! my car previous owner has done some welding & he replaced the original catalytic converter & has installed some other american model.I went to mussafah to exhaust repair shop,found 2nd hand mazda 6 original catalytic converter set for 700 AED ,bought it,fixed it.(One other option was there,remove it ,clean it & then weld back again,but i didnt go for it)))......Now the code is gone ,and i can feel the smoothness now !!! enjoy the zoom zoom drive :-)