•  
Advertise here

battery drain

hi i have a weird problem that When the car is left for more than three days the battery will not start the car. so is something draining the battery when it is left for just a few days?

the garage guy says this is my fault - that iam not driving the car enough and fast enough to keep the battery charged. There only suggestion is to provide a device that i can plug into an electric socket in my garage and keep the battery charged.

Of course this will do no good when i must leave the car at the airport parking lot when i travel

help

To identify the source of problem is quiet tricky.

Usually any drive than 20 mins is required to keep battery charged, if you are running everyday less than that in sometime battery gets weak and dies. That could be the case here. To identify the main issue wether its some electronic causing this drain there are two ways.

1) Drive your car for 2 hrs and let car sit for 3 days and see, if it starts that means battery isnt getting fully charged ever. If it fails that means something draining it up.

2) loan a battery from friend and leave for three days and start, if it starts then its your battery is dying and if that battery also fails then its something draining up the battery (even more difficult to trace)

Chances with 1) option is less as ur current battery might be already weak to hold charge for so long, so try for 2) option if it fails and let us know here.