•  
Advertise here

Car malfunctions

hemant

The indicator lights, the power windows and the door locks stopped functioning the other day. I checked the fuse box under the hood and in the trunk but could not find any blown or loose fuses. I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it which seemed to fix everything, but just a day later, the passenger side windows operate intermittently and the switch signals are crossed (I push the front passenger side window switch down and the rear goes down, or the front goes down but wont come back up unless I press the rear passenger window up or down).

Anybody have any ideas?? Oh and I almost forgot .. mine is an '02 C230.

Could be a quirky relay but you probably won't get anywhere without a wiring/relay diagram. Normally though, such bizarre behavior suggests a fault in either the wiring harness or perhaps with the fuse box wiring. These things can be tough to track down, but do try to sniff out the relay issue. Additionally, make SURE your battery connections are clean and also that your battery/alternator is operating at proper voltages. Any drop in voltages will cause your electric systems to go bananas.

i own a new C 230 sport. The car just has 1600 miles on it and guess what happened when I recently tried to turn the key. All the warning lights came on and it did not start. Its just parked in the garage for so many days now. Once it did happen to start but the tranny locked out. I can't get any kind of movement out of it at all.

Its been approx. three weeks now. After a couple of talks with reliable mechanics, I think its the command error. Will give the esp module a shot.

Hi hemant - first of all I am really sorry about the malfunctions in your car. They are generally fixable problems so you might need to be a little patient about them but im sure you'll get around having them fixed nonetheless.

I remember reading about a similar problem online and what I can ask you to do is to check the harness which is located under the middle console. It is no doubt a loose wire somewhere and that was where I found mine. Good luck

Hi everybody. I need a fuse box map for my C230K. I basically want to know which fuse controls the front signal on the left side. Does anyone know where I can find one? tried searching online but I am not very good at searching for information online. Someone help please?

oh thanks saiff ... I couldn't find one so this is really helpful. Would you mind to tell me if you have a bigger size image? If so can you do me another favor ... send it through a pvt message... would be grateful! Cheers bro

This is an awesome forum! I find so much informative content on it! Would be sure to pass it on to my friends!