•  
Advertise here

Engine light reset

Helloo I wanted to ask about something just out of curiosity. Everytime my enigne light is on i go in for repairs and the dealership fix the problems and then reset the light. The last time i took it in and they said that the signal was false and they reset the light. Now if it comes on again i dont want to waste my time going to the dealership since i have to leave work for a couple of hours. Anyway i can look into resetting it myself knowing that i just got my car serviced?

Thanks

My merc - although a different model used to detect problems all the time but that dealership could not find any problems with it. I am thinking the same is happening to you. found a permanent fix by having the computer system in my car reset. anyways, you should have the engine light checked anyways. Resetting the engine light every time it comes up isn't a long term solution.

I know what you guys are saying and i agree a hundred percent. Will ask for more details when I am back next time at Emirates Motor. I am just saying that if theres a problem, i will most certainly find it as well and can take the car along. But for false alarms, i'd like a short term solution. Anyone care to help?

To reset the engine light in a Merc C240:

- Remove the nut from the negative battery terminal and take the cable off from the terminal. It should not be touching the terminal so if you can't manage, just place a plastic or paper between the terminal and the cable.

- You need to empty the energy stored in the electrical system so after taking the cable off, press the horn which will help the same cause.

- Wait for approx. 10-15 minutes before connecting the negative battery terminal again.

your engine light should be reset.

• 3 weeks later...