•  
Advertise here

Pajero 2009 timing belt

my pajero reahed 100KM and i need to change the timing belt, now the car value in the market at best case will reach 60,000 dhs, if i change the timing belt at the agency it self they are asking for more than 7000 dhs, outside is less than half of that amount?? what is the best advice??

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, what did you guys do in the end? did you do the engine timing service at mitsubishi? My car is at 100,000km and currently in for normal service right now but official mitsubishi workshop recomended I should also do an engine timing service at cost of 5000dhs.

The problem is I dont know if I should ? my car was purchased in October 2009 so quite high mileage for its age and i usualy do about two abu dhabi to dubai runs a week, it has also had regular oil changes and almost all services done at the proper intervals at mitsubishi except for the 95,000 oil change.

All advice welcome,

Many Thanks

Kiran

At 100k timing belt change is mandatory. Choice is yours to get it done with dealer or with competent workshop outside in better pricing.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for your message Guarav, I think i will do the full timing service however I will need to save up so maybe by that time the mileage will could be around 110,00km but am wondering is this too much of a risk - also I read up on and could not establish if the cylinder-piston-sparkplug arrangements in the engines of the 3.0L 2009 pajero's are of the interference type, i.e if the timing belt breaks whilst the engine is running would the pistons collide with the sparkplug and cause catastrophic damage thus requiring an engine rebuild?

Also, can you tell me if in your opinion it is just as good to go to somewhere like dynatrade or if it is better to stick with mitsubishi for something as major as this - who off course are more expensive but naturally at 2years & 100,000+km the car is far from new and all the warranty etc etc will be towards its end ?

Thank you again,

Kiran

• 3 months later...

Hi Waqas,

As my previous post I didnt do it at 100k in the end, . . . funds had to be diverted to other stuff . . and then some more other stuff :-s

Then, at 105k i did a standard oil change service with dynatrade and they said they could do the engine timing for about 3000dhs but again i got stuck with other things so didnt do it,

Now this weekend gone I have just had normal 110k service with mitsubishi who said I really really should do this so I think I will do it at 115k, just have to make sure i keep the cash aside !

I dont know anything much about these things but I think it is a major job worth doing, these cars are very good as long as you maintain the engine . . . i.e regular oil change and fuel filter etc etc and also this for the engine to keep all the belts and stuff in good condition n synchronized, I imagine past every 100k as the belts get old and lose their elasticity it probably ages the engine a bit more until the timing service is done.

so all in all expensive but if you have the funds more easily available than what i have had in recent times , I would say get it done. . . question is whether to do at dynatrade who are good for small stuff and known as an authorizeed mechanic or to stick with mitsubishi who are about 2k ish more,

Hope this helps and do let me know what you did in the end,

cheers

Kiran

• 1 month later...