•  
Advertise here

Chip tuning for Pajero

I have a 3.8 SWB 2011 and was looking for chip tuning in the UAE, but I could not find any.

Finally just now I found a company in Dubai close to Emirates Mall in the Al Quouz area that does chip tuning for many cars, including the Pajero. Check out the Chipcentric.me website.

I have done the tuning, but I did not ask for the brake pad testing, simply, because I did not want to pay for it.

The result is as they promissed. The Pajero pulls like never before, more responsive to the trottle. They promissed 10% hp increase, and I can confirm that. Torque has also increased. I am not sure about the fuel saving, more time needed to overwrite the memory by new data and see final result (500km). I am now tempted to speed all the time :lol:

Chip tuning is nothing else just adjustment of the set limits in the car computer (ECU) still within safe limits.

I got a deal for 2 Pajeros for 4000AED. I am going to chip tune a 3.0 SWB on the weekend.

• Confused (0) 1

Have you tried seeing an option of buying UNICHIP from tazweed in shj, atleast they are plug and play kind of stuff and cost a dime extra than what you paid. And plus unichip gains are far better than 10% what you got.

I think its 2200 aed for 1 chip, and you can always get it out when you need stock car back. My two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi, Noman,

I have just checked Unichip. as you can see from their dyno test, they also achieve max 10% horsepower increase. (Something is wrong with the Unichip graph as the Pajero 3.8 has got around 245hp not 160hp. Maybe they edited the graph, since it does not look like a professional printout of their test. This graph could be for a 3.0 liter engine, which is very likely.)

I have just tested the Chipcentric-tuned Pajero 3.8 SWB in Al Khatim this morning, and it was pulling just like a dream. I guess the feeling of power is more important than any graph.

Chipcentric can also restore the original program in the ECU free of charge, as many times as needed. I will not need this service anyway.

I pay only 2000AED for 1 car, since I got a deal for 4000AED for 2 cars.

post-554-140421478248_thumb.png

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mr.Twister, main thing is you are happy with what it feels in ur hnad. You said it right, graphs and numbers are just figures to make people happy. How it feels on actual road is what matters the most. Enjoy ur extended HP Pajero and be safe on road. No racing....! ;-)

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 8 months later...

And now Chipcentric called me to say that they have an update for the chiptuning of the 3.8 liter engine. Of course for free! :D And they really did it for free. It took 2 hours. After one tank of fuel the car computer got used to the updated software and the car become even more sporty. The rev is going up to 5000 rpm and there is agility increase on top of the previous gain of approx 10% more hp. This is what I call customer service. (The fuel consumption is 16.5 l/100km, mainly highway use at 140 km/h speed.)

• WOW (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Pajero is a year 2011, 3.8 SWB. Chipcentric can chiptune almost anything.

After some more driving I can give some update. The rpm goes to 6000 if I really push the gas and the engine gives a healthy and eager v6 sound and pull. The consumption is now 17.8 l/100km.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Dear Mr. Twister and All,

Many thanks for sharing your expericences.

I believe your fuel consuption is slightly high(at 17.8 l/100km or 5.6Kmpl) considering it's a 2011 Model.

I have an OLD model of Pajero and my average fuel comsumption is 6+ Kmpl or 15.3 liter/100 Km.

Best regards, :)

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 years later...

@MrTwister I wanted to know if after the tuning did the upshift problem in 1st gear tiptronic go away?

Appreciate your feedback as I called up Chip Centric today and he said he is not sure if the upshift problem would go with the chip tuning.

• Like (+1) 1