•  
Advertise here

Nitrous oxide

100 horses more?

Turbocharger requires replacement of headers and has got turbo lag at low rpm. Expensive and complicated.

Centrifugal charger is still expensive and requires pulleys and an intercooler, but there is no lag.

Nitrous oxide systems are simple, cheap and powerful. The following system costs about 3000 AED.

Here a NOS single fogger wet system was installed. Wet system injects fuel as well as nitrous oxide, so the fuel injection system of the car does not have to adjust the fuel quantity. So the Pajero fuel line to be replaced by rubber fuel line and brass fittings (red arrow).

Two electric solenoid valves (yellow arrow) open or close the pipes of nitro and the fuel. The ratio and horsepower is set by the (replaceable) jets located in the fogger. The fogger is placed in the air duct in front of the throttle body (blue arrow). The NOS system is activated by a micro switch when the pedal is pushed to the metal. Full nitro power kicks in instantly and you experience 380hp sports car acceleration by a Pajero 3.8 SWB. :o

Nitro is coming from a relatively small gas cylinder. Two days of fun costs 75-90 AED of 4.5kg NOS recharge. Each serious acceleration costs about 3 AED. :)

post-554-140421478312_thumb.jpg

MrTwister, your search and implementation of NOS is really incredible with mouth watering results. Being a 3.5 liter SWB Pajero owner i would like to have more information like:

--> Is there any downside of NOS system installation and regular long term usage?

--> Is it allowed and readily accessible in UAE?

--> From where you got this installation done?

--> Is those guys are certified to carry such fuel line modification due to hi-risk involve?

--> When can i please pass by to see and feel the power at your convenience (if you don't mind)?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear Gaurav, this system was installed DIY. It is excellent for off-road. On-road it is not allowed, but I did not check the rules in detail. There are some workshops in Al Quoz (Sub Zero) and in Sharjah that can do the installation and sell kits. I do off-roading around Abu Dhabi as well as around Dubai on the weekends. Send me a private message.

• 5 weeks later...

Acceleration test

Pajero 3.8 SWB loaded with usual off-road stuff, driver and half tank fuel on seemingly flat road produced the following acceleration 0-100 km/h

Without nitro 11:30 sec

With nitro 7:30sec

Jetting was +100hp but Nitro bottle was not full. Still 4 sec is a lot of improvement!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Nitrous is the mutts nuts! Everyone who has seen a fast and furious movie knows that when you hit the magic button, your car takes off like a motherfucker and all you can see out your side window is the stars flying past. 

On a more serious note, think of nos like adding a short term turbo to your car. 

Theres a reason nos has a button and not a switch. 

If you ran nos full time, your engine would die. It's like adding a massive turbo or supercharger and doing no preparation work 

Nos for beginners, how nos works, it cools your charge intake. The cooling effect of the nos makes the air more dense meaning you can add more fuel to the mix. Besides that, when the nos breaks down in the engine heat, it adds extra oxygen to the mix. Therefore more fuel. Bigger bang, more horsepower. 

Nos is well suited to Diesel engines. I actually have a project of my own at home where I'm hoping to pull 400 Bhp from a 30 year old diesel

• Like (+1) 1