•  
Advertise here

MAF sensor

salaam brothers. i have replaced the MAF sensor in my 2003 galant twice now. the car runs fine when it is unplugged and does not stall at all. with the MAF sensor plugged in however, it sputters and tries to keep the idle up, although it stalls only once the rpm falls below 1000. i was told by the people at the workshop that there are no vaccumm leaks or anything. the battery is good, the alternator is almost brand-new and i recently changed the EGR. i might be wrong but i dont think that another bad sensor can cause the MAF sensor not to work when plugged in. or can it? if so then which one?

These sensors are designed to determine the amount of air being taken into the engine and adjust the fuel mixture accordingly to optimize power and efficiency. If the sensor goes bad it can cause all sorts of problems from check engine lights to knocking and pinging. Most airflow sensors are designed to work within certain parameters but if you have modified your engine the increased airflow can exceed the limits of the sensor and cause running issues. In addition, the factory mass airflow sensors can also be restrictive to airflow and hinder power in certain high-performance applications.