•  
Advertise here

Timing belt Replacement

• 5 months later...
On 3/30/2017 at 12:41 AM, Barry said:

That is a crazy price. I can do it for a quarter of that using genuine Mitsubishi parts 

I have a pajero 2010 and i am now at 129,000 kms. i want to change the timing belt, as i was informed it was dangerous not to. Should i stop driving the car immediately? How much exactly do i need to shell out for the timing belt please. I would appreciate your response since I am having sleepless nights. I will be selling the car as well, so should I just change it before selling or should i just inform the buyer that they need to change it?

It's not dangerous as in you will die if you don't change it. However, if the belt breaks, you could end up with a bigger bill, repairing bent valves etc. 

The belt might break or it might go 200k with no problems, there's no guarantee. 

Cost should be 1,500 or less. 

If you change the belt, it is a good selling point. If you don't, the buyer can use it as a bargaining chip.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Driver Knight said:

Also recommended to change air filter and Sparks plugs at this age. I also changed front brake pads as well.

Air filter, plugs and pads should be changed on condition, not age. Different people have different driving styles therefore the parts wear differently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 5 months later...

Just to continue this thread, I'm up to 115km on a 2009 plate so due a cam belt. I've been quoted 5500 for it plus full service. Anyone know where I can get it done well for a little less in Abu Dhabi, that's a fair chunk of change! 

Edited by SamWak

6 hours ago, SamWak said:

Just to continue this thread, I'm up to 115km on a 2009 plate so due a cam belt. I've been quoted 5500 for it plus full service. Anyone know where I can get it done well for a little less in Abu Dhabi, that's a fair chunk of change! 

A fair chunk of change? Daylight robbery, more like...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1