•  
Advertise here

Which one has a good fuel economy

Hi guys,

I want to buy a 7 series petrol but i want to have a car which gives me good fuel economy ... can any bmw owner please advise me which 7 series model to buy? ... 740 or 750 0r 760?

i have searched online about this matter but different reviews are giving me different choices so wanted to ask someone who has had a personal experience with this series. Can anyone guide me through?

hey buddy.......being a bmw enthusiast and an owner of two bmws i think i can help you out a little here

if u look at the figures.....the BMW 740 is powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine that produces 315 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque. It averages 22 mpg whereas if you look at the 750, which has a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 and produces 445 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque, the average fuel economy is 19 mpg.

The 760Li however comes with a 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 that produces 535 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque.

Its estimated fuel economy is 15 mpg.

Make your guess :)

Fellas, lets not forget one important distinction which is that the 740 and 750 can be equipped with xDrive all-wheel drive and come standard with an automatic stop-start system ... basically turning off the engine when the car has stopped to save fuel. now the 760 does not have that option hence one can safely assume that when it comes to mileage, the 740 and the 750 have a slightly upper hand as compared to the 760.

Guys,

It not only depends on the way you drive (driving like a runaway bride isn't gonna save you no fuel =)) but it also matters where you are going to be driving it ( highway or city ) ... so have a think about your usage first before placing the bet.