•  
Advertise here

Nissan Maxima Heating issues

gud_boy

Hi guys, I'd recently bought a 2003 Nissan Maxima V6 ,3.0 with GCC specifications. I was facing overheating issue with it recently.. Hence took it to the Nissan service station (arabian automobiles, Dubai) where they have asked me to replace the thermostat and the radiator.. got it replaced recently..

Even after the replacement I have noticed the temperature climbing up to the half mark on the temperature gauge.

The following are the things I have noticed while the temperature goes up-

i. I have noticed huge amount of coolant filling in to the reservoir when hot.

ii. Small small bubbles found bubbling inside the reservoir while the coolant fills in.

iii. This mostly happens while driving above 120Kmph at high speeds.

While driving at low speed everything seems normal.. But while driving at high speeds for more time , i have noticed the temperature climbing up around half and sometimes more than that. Is this normal?

Below is the pic i have taken while at high speed.

img2012090801695.jpg

Please advice guys...

Why dont you show it to dealer again?????

My best guess is air need to be bleed out of the cooling system if you have recently changed the radiator. Surprising enough, dealer supposed to know that and should have already bleed the air out when fixing the new radiator.

I bet when you go and tell them they will bleed the air out in 10 mins. Just open the radiator cap and switch the car on and keep circulating the coolant with radiator cap open until all the bubbles settle, then switch off car and top up coolant. Do this steps two to three times and all the air will pass. Better you let dealer do this exercise as it need an experience eye to judge when to close radiator cap finally.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, I'd recently bought a 2003 Nissan Maxima V6 ,3.0 with GCC specifications. I was facing overheating issue with it recently.. Hence took it to the Nissan service station (arabian automobiles, Dubai) where they have asked me to replace the thermostat and the radiator.. got it replaced recently..

Even after the replacement I have noticed the temperature climbing up to the half mark on the temperature gauge.

The following are the things I have noticed while the temperature goes up-

i. I have noticed huge amount of coolant filling in to the reservoir when hot.

ii. Small small bubbles found bubbling inside the reservoir while the coolant fills in.

iii. This mostly happens while driving above 120Kmph at high speeds.

While driving at low speed everything seems normal.. But while driving at high speeds for more time , i have noticed the temperature climbing up around half and sometimes more than that. Is this normal?

Below is the pic i have taken while at high speed.

img2012090801695.jpg

Please advice guys...

How did you resolve the problem.