•  
Advertise here

Pathfinder 2008 SE OFF-ROAD CONVERSION

Dear all,

I am new to this forum so first of all, hi.

As you all know, one of the best past times in this region is off-roading, whether its dune-bashing or wadi-bashing; its simply fun. But in order to be well-prepared for this kind of activity, there are some modifications that need to be made to the stock model first. This starts with protection plates and sliders to avoid damage from below. But what is more important is getting the correct lift kit installed in order get more clearance and to be able to fit bigger tyres for better traction. I am thinking of getting a 40mm (2.5") adjustable lift kit installed on my Pathfinder after which I wanna fit some badass 285/60/18 desert tracks. Unfortunately, though, I can't find a garage in Doha that has enough know how and choice of manufacturers where I can go and get his done. :roll:

QUESTION: Does anyone know a garage in UAE where one can get Australian (e.g. Bilstein,Tough Dog, Dobinson) or US (e.g. Radflo, EMU, Eibach, Rancho, Calmini) lift kits installed for a Pathfinder? I regularly come by road to UAE in vacations to drive through the Hajjar mountains and over to Oman. I intend to make the lift during one of my road trips. :D

Thanks in advance; any advicewould be highly appreciated.

ORYX, Doha

First and foremost, best desert tire size is 15 inch or 16 inch. 17 onwards it becomes crap in sand per my personal experience. So increase the base and profile of tire but not rim size. You can look into like 300+/75/16

About ur lift kit names, all australian brands mentioned above is commonly available in Dubai (Ramy Trading, Icon Auto, Robbies Garage) and Sharjah (MOCA, Tazweed, Golden sun). In US list u can get Ranchos an EMU, but im not sure about other names, never heard so far here locally.

New shape Pathfinder here, we call it plastic pig. That means you really need to protect under body very well before hitting wadi's and serious dune bashing. Weakest point is plastic protection under radiator base, easy to hit on slightest road bump....!

Dear Daniel,

First of all thanks for the reply! I had begun to feel that this forum was not very active and wouldn't get any useful feedback in the forseeable future. After doing my own research, I already stumbled across the Ramy4x4 website and found some of the brands I was looking for.

I would like to ask you though, if you have installed a lift kit to your own car and if so, in what combination. I have read the "ultimate lift thread" on TheNissanPath website (http://www.thenissanpath.com) where many owners have installed some of the mentioned brands in all sorts of combinations including air bags (AirLift 1000) for the rear suspension. I would appreciate it if you could share with me your experience on what you have installed and what works best in the desert since that would be the most frequent terrain that I drive through here in Qatar.

Thanks again!

ORYX, Doha

Oryx, its just a matter of interest people reply or not reply on any forum. So may be ur request isnt interesting to others or people have not much info to share. So far this place work for me and i myself return that help by helping others. I have ranchos (red ones) adjustable on my Patrol since two years with almost every once a month dune bashing. In winters little less, as im traveling on business but in summer more often. My friend has Old Man Emmanuel since 6 month, and he is happy too. Stay away from rough country as my another frriend got that installed and within 4-5 months he saying he is not happy due to car been more bouncy in desert on cross track terrain, (the firmness is lost). Qatar and middle eastern terrain is mostly sandy with hot weather so see what people doing here than in colder weather, my two cents. Good luck with ur hunt.