•  
Advertise here

Problem with the gear shift

duke

Dear All Senior members,

I would like to seek some advice from you all.

I have a nissan patrol 2002, 4.8 VTC (A/T) from last couple of weeks I'm having problem with gear shifting. some time car doesn't change the gear and keep running on higher rpms. On earlier stage it was very minor every time has this issue i used to re-start my car and problem goes off. But after a week or so it is happening continuously. I have check the transmission with computer it showed the all solenoid valves as gone so I bought a full valve body from the nissan spare part dealer in hope that it will solve the problem but no my problems did not end there i have spent heck of money still the problem remain.

I have again checked the transmission on computer now it shows 1 no. of solenoid. If i have changed the whole valve body how come still computer shows 1 solenoid not working.

I need your help on this problem as i can't see any mechanic helping me on this as all of them out there trying to make money out of my problem. it seems every one doing their on experiments on this issue.

Looking forward for your help.

Rgds,

Duke

Sad to see this happening, what you can try is to change the gear oil and filter to start with. It may sounds very less to fix your problem, but sometime low cost things actually fixes the problem and many mechanic keep you busy with expensive repairs to fill their pockets / experiments.

If gear oil is bad and stale then it definitely create lag in gear shifting or make jerk while shifting. And MAY BE that's why computer is still showing solenoid is bad as oil is too thick to lubricate the gear plates and shift in time. If after gear oil and filter change still problem persists, i would highly recommend showing car to gear repairing guys than normal mechanic and computer checks. There is one in Ras Al Khor road known as ZF, very renowned in gear rebuilding and repairing. Good luck bro, keep us updated.