•  
Advertise here

Armada Tuning Dubai or Sharjah?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am looking for some tips where I can source equipment to individualise my stock-armada.

I am looking e.g. For a stainless steel mesh grill for top and down, chrome side pillar posts, chrome side vents, chrome side bars etc.

Hopefully some members have some good tips,

All the best

Mehdi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@BlackArmada, I've just purchased a Titan but it already has a bunch of issues I'm hoping the Nissan Service Centre can resolve. However, I get a grinding sound while driving which many say could be due to the hubs or bearings, a known issue in Armada and Titans. Any ideas?

To be honest, it is really hard to say what is causing that kind of noise without detailed troubleshooting. It could mean a different thing if its coming from the front rather than the back. In my experience it could be either:

(i) A wheel hub bearing - if that is the case, buy a Timbren wheel hub bearing for both the front and rear. Yes, I know, it is a bit pricey, but it comes with a lifetime warranty!

(ii) The heat shields on the exhaust manifold. If it is the heat shields that's causing the noise, you can safely remove them. Just make sure that there is nothing near the manifolds that will melt easily. Since you are going to the dealer, they will try to sell you a new set of manifolds and/or refuse to remove the heat shields. If that is the case, drive straight out of there. There are other workshops that will do it without b*tching.

(iii) It could be loose driveline front shaft bolts. There was a recall for that.

(iv) It could be that your 4WD is engaged full time. It makes a kind of grinding/whining noise while driving and disappears at high speed. Just turn your 4WD off.

(v) Suspension components: Check front upper control arm bushes, u bolt, engine mount, etc. etc.

(vi) Power steering fluid is low: There is a leak in your PS line. (Titans and Armadas are notorious for this). I have had to replace the lines every 20k kms.

One caveat. Al Rowstamani is a very nice dealer, but they will give you inflated estimates and/or repair estimates and try to offset it with 50% discount in parts and 40% discount in labour. Go through the estimate sheet carefully before you provide them with any approval. I can also help if you post the estimate online over here.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any other help. Btw, which year is your Titan?

Thanks! I asked them to check for the sound and they deduced it's due to the tyres. I'm not convinced as they're All-Terrain BF Goodrich tyres but are of DOT 2008. I'm waiting for the full estimate though and will post it here. It's a 2005 SE, with a lift-kit, US import (imported in 2005 to the UAE with 7 miles on the clock!). Clean title, but it's spent its whole life in the UAE which isn't a good thing and the previous owner only serviced it at ENOC!

If I were you, I would do the following right away:

1) Flush transmission fluid right away.

2) Replace coolant, since it ought to be replaced every 7 yrs or 100,000 miles

3) Do a drain and refill of the Transfer Case, Front and Rear Differential fluids

4) Flush brake fluid with DOT 4(our manual only calls for DOT3, but you can safely run DOT4)

5) Power Steering fluid needs to be replaced.

If I were you, I would get those fluids replaced with Royal Purple equivalents only. They will cost you a pretty penny initially, but you will get the extra protection this car needs due to the age of the vehicle.

Also one more thing you need to consider is removing the ATF (transmission fluid) cooling mechanism away from the radiator. Get yourself an external transmission cooler and bypass your radiator for the ATF cooling. In our current setup, when the radiator fails and causes the ATF and Coolant to mix, both the engine and the transmission will be destroyed.