•  
Advertise here

My car shakes violently

Hiya,

When driving in plain road my car shakes violently and when i showed to mechanic he advise that i have to leave car for 2 days for some engine work. By the looks from his explanation he looks bit dodgy, if anyone here can give me some idea to what to check or what to ask to mechanic i can call him and share the info here and check his authenticity.

Being an uneducated girl in car world, i am left with limited choices and wanna try if anyone of you can really help me please.

I don't know why you say you are a person with limited choices. Is it because you are a girl? Nevermind all that. I am going to cut straight to the chase. I am guessing you drive a Tiida.

The first thing you need to check is the following (in the same order):

1) Check if the air pressure in all four tires is the same and as per the manufacturer's recommendation.

2) Get your car to a good alignment shop. Since you're Tiida is a 2WD, it should be pretty easy to align.

3) When you are at the alignment shop ask them if any suspension parts have been bent or broken. If they have been, replace it.

If you have changed your oil in time, there is no need to get any sort of engine work done on your Nissan. Let me know if you need any more help on this matter.

Thanks blackarmada, I shall get those things checked first thing moro morning and see if it stops the shaking.

Appreciate your help in pointing such a smallest thing to check the tire pressure, that i do check on monthly basis. Shaking is at certain speed and in some days only, not very constant one. I will keep you posted on the finding. Thanks once again.

Now that you described it in more detail, it most probably is only an alignment issue. Maybe you hit a pothole on the road and that caused the alignment to go off a little bit. It can be easily corrected with a Dh. 200/- alignment.

Sometimes, the simplest fix can seem baffling. You will not believe it, but on my vehicle, shakes start if the suspension and other stuff are dusty and dirty. :) Does it sound weird? Maybe... but it works for me and many others.

I have checked the tire pressure and it was low so i inflated it and that day and next day car didn't shook as it use to before. Yesterday again it started doing the same salsa dance so checked the tire pressure again and same tire pressure was down. One of my colleague assisted me in fixing the very minute puncture. Its been almost 24 hrs now and it still holds the same pressure and no shaking yet.

Looks like the problem is sorted, if it appear again i will change that tire as advise by tire repair shop.

Thanks blackArmada_DXB you are a star.