•  
Advertise here

Dissatisfied consumer

Blackarmadadxb

I test drove the car with the mechanic who did the clutch work, and he said that these clutches should last at least sixty to seventy thousand which really do not sound like a lot to me. My Toyota pickup has been running for more than a hundred and fifty thousand and there are absolutely no problems with the clutch. Why would I have TWO clutches go bad in less than thirty thousand?? I have been driving manual vehicles for over forty years and this is the first problem I have ever had. Sorry, but this IS a problem with the vehicle.

Sorry folks but Nissan just does not care about product quality or customer satisfaction. I am on my third clutch. Ranjeet, the famous mechanic, had me put in a Jim Wolfe Technologies clutch. He said it should last me the life of the car, and I believe him.

dixon, hkakash and blackarmadadxb

Guys I don't drag race my car. Actually, I take really good care of my Xterra. I am retired which means I do not really drive in rush hour traffic. I have driven standard transmission vehicles all my life including some very high performance ones and have never encountered any clutch problems. Hence, whatever you gentlemen may think, no more Nissan for me. I trust my ability to recognize incompetent engineering and inferior part quality when I see it.

Harry

Thanks for the support buddy. It is a relief to know that at least someone understands my stance.

Hahahhaahaha. None of the guys on here are aware of the fact that the clutch and the tranny are all the same from 2005 to present. They were both originally designed for the 350Z so they are not really ideal for the heavier Xterra. Car experts. hahahhahhhhha.

Similar issues and experiences. The people who readily presume that the clutch is perfect and all the drivers are maniacs don't know what they are talking about. I have driven standard transmissions for 45 years and on some of which I put considerable mileage and never burnt out a clutch until I got my Xterra. I know enough not to ride the clutch so I have to conclude that the clutch is too weak for the 4 wheel drive. The clutch does not hold up and is definitely a weak spot. It should be considered to be a part of the drive train.

hey guys!! this is common knowledge now. check the other forums if you wanna. the clutch system on all the second generation xterras' is crap. just about everyone i know with a manual xterra has burnt theirs' out multiple times. this is probably not going to be the last time you burn it out, especially if you have a oem clutch going back in. my suggestion would be to get the heavy duty after market clutch and fly wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

harry wrote:

> Blackarmadadxb

>

> I test drove the car with the mechanic who did the clutch work, and he said

> that these clutches should last at least sixty to seventy thousand which

> really do not sound like a lot to me. My Toyota pickup has been running for

> more than a hundred and fifty thousand and there are absolutely no problems

> with the clutch. Why would I have TWO clutches go bad in less than thirty

> thousand?? I have been driving manual vehicles for over forty years and

> this is the first problem I have ever had. Sorry, but this IS a problem

> with the vehicle.

Hey, I am on your side. Its your car and you know how you've driven and maintained it. If you strongly believe it is a problem with the vehicle itself, you should write to Nissan Middle East. A bit of searching will get you their contact information. Not sure if anything will come of it, but it will be better than just ranting to a group of random people here. I don't mean any disrespect, but hey, if you wrote this to the concerned gentlemen at the relevant department(s) in Nissan, you would atleast stand a chance.

Also my post was generally about Nissan vehicles. Mass production and the pressure to maintain/service the vehicle with minimal resources will produce bad results. Period. Which is why I urge everyone who writes to this forum with a problem similar to yours to write up to the management and/or consumer affairs department in the UAE. We have to break this notion that the dealers and manufacturers are above the law and/or fair judgement.

Also, I don't buy the theory that driving in in half clutch destroys it. If that were the case, everyone would be replacing clutches at a faster rate than going through condoms. LOL.

dragonheart wrote:

> dixon, hkakash and blackarmadadxb

> Guys I don't drag race my car. Actually, I take really good care of my

> Xterra. I am retired which means I do not really drive in rush hour

> traffic. I have driven standard transmission vehicles all my life including

> some very high performance ones and have never encountered any clutch

> problems. Hence, whatever you gentlemen may think, no more Nissan for me. I

> trust my ability to recognize incompetent engineering and inferior part

> quality when I see it.

>

>

> Harry

> Thanks for the support buddy. It is a relief to know that at least someone

> understands my stance.

I really don't understand how my post was interpreted as one supporting Nissan/AWRostamani. I agree with you. No critical component in a Japanese car, nonetheless, should wear out in less than a few hundred thousand miles. Write to Nissan Middle East and express your dissatisfaction.