•  
Advertise here

Nissan Xterra '08 Shock Upgrades

hkakash

Yea I have contacted Ramy trading aed 3650 for total chaos UCA's on ebay its about 710usd without shipping . Hmm not sure to do it online . cause if nything needs to be changed or replaced its a hassle. For e.g. I got a 3inch front lift spacer of ebay..... it cannot be used without aftermarket control arms. so m gonna look locally for the best price .

It's better to go with ramy to have it readily availble here and do the thourouh inspection before putting money on the table.

On an average per 10 kg shipping cost 500 dirham (approx) from US so you would be saving 200-300 dirham if you do it yourself. Ask harami trading to do the installation in same price :-)

On October 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM, hkakash said:

My purpose for the UCA's is to maintain the OEM setup of the car after the lift. I take turns at higher speeds than recommended and weave between cars from time to time, after the lift the centre of gravity is elevated and maneuverability becomes limited as a result. The UCA's in this case will enable me to move in a similar way as when the car is stock. Plus, if youre gonna spend on upgrades its better to go the extra mile and have a completley new setup.

But Thanks, I do appreciate your input blackarmada. and sanpa, I will be in touch soon for the UCA's.

Ciao!!

UCAs are not gonna help in fast cornering & highway maneuvers, the amount of shock travel required to make the bucket contact will never happen while cornering onroad.. 

good shocks will... Ironman also is a good source for shocks locally, I know a few X drivers using them offroad and as a daily driver, foamCell Pro was the best improvement on road as well as offroad.. Either case, your fast corners will be much better even with the increased hight.. Because stock shocks are terrible..

get the UCAs only if you are going beyond 2" lift, other than that adjustable cam bolts should be enough for alignment reasons.. Mine was supplied by Nissan Dubai on warranty as my alignment went off after the steel bumper, stock suspension..

2 persons I know driving offroad with ironman kit (1.7" lift settled) with stock UCAs, never complained of UCA contacting the bucket 

Edited by ayman_khateeb

6 hours ago, nutbolt said:

Totally agree on this, while very few ppl do this in UAE due to their lazy attitude and cheaper sanaiya alternates.

Nutty, stop getting emotional dude. :-D

Edited by adil
misspell