•  
Advertise here

transmission problem: most common

Hey Guys. Please share if somebody is facing the transmission slipping and jerking problem in their Nissan Maxima. Recently, as per the survey i am hearing that Maxima has most transmission issues. So guys, please share if you faced such a problem.

• 2 years later...

As a first rule slipping gear / jerking in any car, change the gear oil and gear oil filter IMMEDIATELY. You can still save the gearbox, if ignored for long and this jerking become very obvious then gear rebuild is the only option, I'm afraid.

• Like (+1) 1

• 9 months later...

GCC version has cvt radiator oil cooler, so it lives longer than maximas with US spec. Anyway NS-2 cvt oil is not expensive 120-170dhs for 4L bottle so  I'm changing it every 20,000km(express change using extractor) Nissan recommends to change every 60,000km 

• Like (+1) 1

When the jerks and jumps begin then its already too late to change the atf the oil which seems dirty contains the clutch and bearing pieces and when you put new oil its thin and clean which basically is going to wash the insides of the transmission and make those small jerks into big thuds while shifting and slippage rendering it useless..its better to live with it until it totally dies and then replace or overhaul the transmission and always flush those oil coolers in the car radiators and those mounted in front of it too if equipped...

Speaking of CVT, one time I bought a DAF 55 for fun. Cheap car, cost me £50. 

Wierd transmission setup. It did the same speed backwards as it did forwards. 

Trust me, going backwards at 60mph is more scary than fun. 

Ill see if I can dig out some pics of it.