•  
Advertise here

Convertible top causing issues

idris

Hiya ... i have a 6 series convertible and the automatic convertible top wont close/secure completely. Has someone else come up with this kind of problem before? or can someone help me to look into the issue? What can it be the motor or the closing options? Is there an alternative way to close it till i can take it to the dealership guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that kind of information normally found in the manual?

no one can tell you what is causing the issue online but im sure that it is either the motor or the parts related to it. you might have to get some parts changed. Have you taken it to the mechanic yet?

• 5 weeks later...

If you know your way around the car there is a simpler way to secure the convertible top but the problem is that its not a permanent solution. If there is a problem with your convertible top closing then you need to have it checked but if you just want to secure it completely you can look into doing it by yourself.

hello guys, yes sorry for not posting an update. I had it fixed at the dealership. There was an issue with the top mechanism and they had to access the wires attached to the motor which were disconnected. Anyways the top works perfectly now. I would suggest you go directly to get it fixed. Doing it yourself might cause problems on your luxurious car :)