•  
Advertise here

308 peugeot 2008 filter replacement

Dear Friends,

My name is sam and I love cars but i take my work on the next level and i do my research and my study case for every car with care and the best option... so a freind of mine has been facing problems back and forth from the co where he bought the car from and spent a fortune ,,going back and forth like cat and mouse - unless u know what u r doing ..u wouldnt need to use the company politics at all. do it with someone who studies the real history of ur car and comes and checks it and studies the case in short time.

so a freind of mine has a 308 peugeot 2008 turbo - 1.6 L and funny bcoz the guy in the company said with or without turbo ...its only 1600 cc and its the same ..so i laughed my A__ of if u know wat i mean so i knew what i was dealing with coz no one fixes anymore they only replace buy sell and who knows what and people are lost back and forth ,..

as per my study to the 1st car for me here in dubai ... i fixed his car once and for all and for a whipping 300 dhs only

the 1st thing ..if u see a sponge under ur hood of the car in dubai ...immediatly remove it as this insulating material was made only for the winter time to keep the engine warm .. but in the summers here as usuall in dubai the sponge will detoriate and make more dust in ur engine bay which u dont need and it and u will face problems with turbo 1st performance easily and loose ur engine pressure completly..

2- the stock filter -- let me tell u a concept - if u smoke a cigarette from the top of it .. u will burn and it causes heat and u become hot but if u smoke from the bottom of it - u smoke it easily and u dont get burn ... so the engine breathe properly ..

the current location of the filter near the engine intake manifold is crazy hot and it will not function properly and the air will be more hot than cold to the cold air intake for the turbo - in general the hot and cold air in every car needs to be balanced so that the compression is 100%

the current location of the filter is for the cold areas ..

below is the 2nd place for the hot areas and where it should be placed :)

So I found a way to fix this problem ...

1- remove the sponge insulator thats on the hood from the inside -those are only used for winter climates and not hot dubai .. sry i didnt take a pic..

1- remove the stock air filter and throw it - do not replace it with kN - instead ..relocate the Air filter as shown below and add a small aluminium pipe for the filter to take action and convert it to cold air .. :)

pictures below with everything that u need to use for tools and a how to ...

1-how to start

Knn308_zps90322228.jpg

2- remove the stock filter

DSC_3036_zpsf80ff91e.jpg

3- do not put it back .....!!

4-get Kn filter

DSC_3025_zpsc31b6fca.jpg

5- custom make an aluminium bracket to insulate the filter from the hot air like this

DSC_3029_zpsde1ef575.jpg

6- put a small alumiuim pipe like this around 3.5" length

DSC_3031_zps7f2f726a.jpg

7-place the KN filter in NOW -

DSC_3035_zps0e024638.jpg

8 - now ur ready to feel the difference - the car breathe better -much better ...

the link is below if anyone wants to have a look at the pictures ..do not know why i cant upload pics here :)

http://www.frenchuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2363