•  
Advertise here

Engine Down !!!!

wajdi

Hi,

I have a peugeot207 - 2008 model, milage is 150,000 km, all services have been done in peugeot worshop, now the engine is consuming oil and making a white smoke, they told me you have to change the engine because it's down... Can you please tell me who will assume this??? why my engine is down after only 150,000 km ??????? please advise... because i'm not gonna pay to replace engine. Thx

Ethically speaking if car is well maintained then peugeot engine clocks 250-300k on an avaerage. Even if engine is well serviced or not and if car overheat once (to the full) then engine is finished. While car overheat (due to any reason) then head gasket placed in between the engine head and block expands from its position. This gasket main job is to keep the oil and water separate and when this expands then oil and water (or coolant) gets mix and partial engine oil reaches the combustion chamber. When oil gets to combustion chamber then it gets burn and result in white smoke and also engine oil start getting depleted. In severe case major power loss is noticed along with the white smoke. Power loos is there as engine is not able to build pressure due to leaking head gasket. Now in this scenario you just can't blame the Peugeot or the service center, im not advocating them but i am speaking a fact that you can check with any sane mechanic in world.

Reason of overheating are plenty. Forgot to top up coolant, engine cooling fan is not working, AC cooling fan is not working, thermostat failure, clogged radiator, burst coolant hose pipe etc....! Apart from human negligence of not toping up the coolant at regular interval you can blame everything else on peugeot service center if they have not changed or serviced any of the above stuff in time, that caused the engine overheat and permanent failure.