•  
Advertise here

Battery dead - can't release hood

The battery on my boxster is dead (long story as to how that happened, nothing to do with a faulty battery) and i usually relied on the electric hood release .. now that its dead i cant get the hood/trunk to release with that button!! (OBVIOUSLY) .. what the heck do you do when THAT happens?

Umm! I would love to operate the manual release but it totally depends on the process if i'll be up for it. Would someone mind to share the process so that its easier for me to decide? regardless i think ill be asking for assistance from Al Nabooda Autos.

Go to the rear of the suspension spring located close to the edge of the wheel arch. There you will find a small rectangular plastic near the plastic fender line which covers the inside of the wheel arch. Reach under this plastic and you will find a thin cable. You need to pull this cable hard away from the headlight which is the manual way to release the hood. just check under the plastic and see if you find the cable .. and if you do .. and if you're okay go ahead and try to use this method. Good luck.

thanks for the instructions, I called the guys at Al nabooda and they directed me that they will have to work under the panel on the driver's foot well where they will have to connect jumper cables to something. I didn't fully understand the process so I was like I would have to definitely take my ride to them. What you are telling me is completely different. Oh well, i will still try to locate the cable out of curiosity. thanks again.