•  
Advertise here

Brake pads acting funny

hi guys, last evening i been to jabel hafeet as the brake pedal on my Toyota Land Cruiser creeps to the floor if I hold it pressed down hard. If I pump the brakes the pedal will go hard but still creep back down if I keep it pressed.

i checked everywhere below the car but found no leak, it doesn't seem to have used any fluid and the brakes seem to work OK although I have never driven another similar car so I have nothing to compare them with.

help pls. thanx

Check ur brake fluid container in the engine bay area. If its not full, please top up with DOT3 brake fluid.

If its full or after filling still problem persists, see mechanic and ask him to check brake piston / booster it seems they are dying as per age.

P.S. Leakage of brake fluid is damn dangerous as it can cause fire if it drips on hot manifold, so attend that leak ASAP.

• 6 years later...

Hi ,

Please give it a stern warning not to act funny  ..... Else no more new brake pads or nice shiny rotors  !  ..... on a serious note have it checked brake fluid levels and just a suggestion always keep a set of fluids  Brake, Steering , Engine oil , Diff oil , T-case G-box oil and radiator coolant concentrate all vehicle specific I will post a pic soon that I have done / kept in my drive .

Drive / Ride Safe !

Slick72

• Like (+1) 1