•  
Advertise here

Big problem with the CD player

Hi guys,

I love my toyota camry 2012 however since the time I have bought it i have had one problem or the other with it's CD player. Honestly, at the dealership it worked absolutely fine, and when I brought the car home and used it for a couple of months, I didn't even use it but when I did want to use it once, it would not support my CD. I thought maybe this was due to the CD being burned at home instead of those market burned ones. Anyways, when I took it in for some small repairs, I showed the guys at the dealership the problem with the CD player and they said instantly, the problem is with the CD without even checking the player properly. Its been three months now that I can't get to work it. I just wanted to know if this is a common problem or is there something that I can do for it to work!? :cry:

There are cleaning discs available in the market which will help clean your CD player's lens. If there is dirt or dust stuck on it, it will be removed and your CD player MIGHT start working. just insert the cleaning CD in your player and press play and let the CD finish its job. Sometimes this is why your CD player is not reading your CD. Apart from that you can also try turning it on while the car is in a cool place. I used to experience this problem ... when the car was sitting at a heated place for too long ... the CD player heated up and did not work.

Good luck :)

• 1 month later...