•  
Advertise here

brake issue in slow moving traffic !

hai all i have corolla 2011, 1.8 auto transmission GCC specified car in UAE

i am facing problem as when i slow my car in signal or traffic, before getting to complete stop, my car pushes a bit little forward before getting to complete stop and it can be noticed onlyif the AC is on.Without ac the braking is smooth.

i change my engine oil and filters at regular 5000km , coolant is full , brake oild is full , ATF (transmission fluid) is in red color with sweet smell.

i have replaced my front wheel brake pads recently but i had this problem before itself,

i thought this problem is caused my the brake pads but it still have the problem. its really annoying in slow moving traffic.In dubai its always slow moving traffic

i had shown this problem to the dealer and they charged me 250dhs for cleaning the throttle body. on the day it was done i dint have the problem i drove almost 20 mins and dint see the problem and i headed home but after running like 30km i got into traffic and started feeling the issue again.

I am really depressed cz of this problem

plz advice

• 4 weeks later...

Well this type of issue needs real diagnose of car to feel the exact jerk you are experiencing. However, if dealer cleaning of throttle body showed temporary improvement then it looks like you need new throttle body or Air Flow Mass sensor as that must be freaking due to too much sand and dusty atmosphere we live in. If you know someone else driving same car, try changing the AFM temporarily to see if problem resolve. Its located on air filter neck (electrical socket square box).