•  
Advertise here

Good Bye to the Dealer Servicine

I have 2009 fortuner. My hand breaks were not good since a long time ago. I told them on every servicing with Al Futtaim and all they did was adjusting the string and told me it's normal and my brake pads are still thick and good. (sometimes, i am even driving with the hand brakes on... and didn't notice the difference)

Recently, I went to the registration renewal right after the 70,000km servicing, my rear brakes failed & Hand brakes failed too . So, the car failed for the registration. I went back to Al Futtaim. They did the adjustment again and they registered the car for me. and it passed. I paid over 700dhs (no parts were changed but they did the whole break system cleaning) and collected my car... The hand brake?? still the same... I still can drive with it on.

And then, i got a new problem... start the engine, apply the breaks, put the gear to "D" and release the breaks... but the car wouldn't move an inch... I had to step on the accelerator. Another problem, when i put on the brakes at the slow speed, the front side of the car made unpleasant vibration before the car stopped.

I got a little pissed and went to a random garage... they checked and they said... the front brake pads need to be changed. Okie... I changed them in that garage and asked them to fix my hand brakes too. They checked and found out that the differential oil was leaking and brake shoes got wet and slippery in the rear brakes. Ohh yeah... I fixed it, I fixed it all in one day... it costed around 1,100dhs in total, all brake pads and shoes were changed, all seals were changed and the labour cost. And now... my brakes are as good as a new car...

I still have 8-9 more months of my car's 5 years warranty... but i'm saying goodbye to Al Futtaim for further servicing and fixing... I knew I was paying a lot extra on the dealer servicing... but I thought it's best for my car. and I would have a peace of mind...