•  
Advertise here

Polo or Golf in less maintenance category

Well to be honest there is no match of Golf with Polo. Seeing both as small cars is not quiet fair way of estimating their capabilities. Golf is 2.0 liter engine vs Polo with 1.4 or 1.6 version. Golf will drink more fuel but also offer lot zippier ride and crisp response over dead meat Polo throttle. Same goes for maintenance also. Still i will vote for Golf than Polo as it has that nice feel to it as a sporty and classy car than regular Polo. You might like or remember my advise when occasionally you will drive your wife Golf and enjoy it too. Been there, done that ;-)

@ Ikbal

I believe that you are joking., Polo even is so small is one of the most expensive car in Dubai.I took a Polo more than 1 year ago, with 10,000 Dhs and I spent more than 15,000 to make it moveable !!!! I even change the...engine, FULL steering power system, engine supports, shock absorbers , velocity CV joint transmission rods, timing belt(2 times!) ,AC compressor with freezer box ,pipes and filter ,exhaust tube , battery, tires , spark coils , spark plugs , security start engine system. Almost only the metal body is remaining from the original .This is my first car and previously (Tunisian) owner cheat me, I didn't know to choose , I went with somebody to check the car when I bought it, but also that fellow not having to much experience about cars...

Now, even if I want sold out it, I can't recover nothing because the market price is very low, somewhere around 8000 Dhs.

Conclusion ? NEVER make business with any ....Tunisians !!!!!!

Now, I will buy a NEW Nissan Tiida with bank loans and I want keep the Polo in the same times , but I don't know if about UAE rules , I can keep 2 cars in the same times on my name

Did anybody know if is legal to own 2 cars in the same times ?

@dubaimarian: I feel your pain and frustration as i have been to something similar when i first buy my car with zero experience. To be honest blaming previous owner is right, but not to generalize the nationality. From seller point of view if you perceive then no seller will ever tell you 100% truth about the real condition of car irrespective of any nationality. Second thing all German cars after 5 years become expensive to maintain and after 10 years damn fucking expensive, due to expensive spare parts and even more expensive labor hours as oppose to US or Japanese cars. I assume here if you got car in 10,000 then it must be closer to 10 years old and i can see that itself was a very big wrong decision you took out of your ignorance. On top of it when its your first car you want everything perfect and working to the same state as it rolled out from factory on day 1(you are not alone, everyone does that). Nothing wrong in it, but we all learn from our experience and realize which thing hold how much importance once we fall into that trap.

Look at the bright side that you learned a big lesson and got hands on experience in fixing cars for 17,000 dhs (10+15=25 - 8 =17). I know its expensive and it might be quite a good money for you, but its still good that you opened the game with 10 in place of 100. Another friendly advise that after driving Polo (refined German engineering) you will never enjoy Nissan Tiida (tin can) and you will remember my words on your first test drive. My advise is to buy another polo or golf (which is more fun) and this time buy under 5 year old car (hope you can get bank loan on 5 year old model). Get it checked from Naboodah before you buy or from some other competent VW workshop who can assure that car is clean and not suffered with shortcuts on regular maintenance. Best is buy car that have full service history, even if you pay extra 3-5k for that car with dealer service history, then you can't go wrong. If you maintain same dealer service history then you will always have higher resale whenever you will sell after couple of years and drive with peace of mind.

And yes its legal to keep two cars in one person name, as i have two cars as well but i will not advise you to keep that dying polo as it will increase the dent in your pocket than bringing any usage or comfort. Rest is your choice.